ChevelleForum.net

Go Back   Chevrolet Chevelle Forums > The Backyard meeting spot > Off Topic

Old 08-13-2018, 04:41 AM

I'm going in for the kill this morning. The stings still hurt like a bitch.
Old 08-13-2018, 04:52 PM

Ouch, they are nasty. Most bees, hornets, wasps are no where near as aggressive as yellow jackets. Doesn't take much to piss them off.

70 Chevelle SS396(454), M20, 3.73
My Chevelle
Old 08-13-2018, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flash View Post
Vacuum cleaner , what the Hell is that ?
It is a primitive machine, designed by some sadistic bastard, that is made too short for anyone over 5 feet tall to push around. Also known as a "back killer". Makes a horrible noise that makes one of my dogs attack it and the other one head for the hills when it starts.
Old 08-13-2018, 05:44 PM

I poured a couple of gallons of gas on the bastards this morning. Read that the fumes will kill them. What the fumes didn't kill. I shall finish the job. They are now my mortal enemies. Went to the hardware and picked up 4 cans of spray. Found a huge nest hanging off the back of the shop. I attack them at sunrise tomorrow. After reading up on them, I now know why they followed me into the shop and just hammered me. When they sting, the venom gives all the other bastards a "target". I was the target. The stings still itch!
Old 08-13-2018, 05:46 PM

Got the shot in my knee this morning. Soon, I'll be able to flat out outrun the bees.
Old 08-14-2018, 07:58 PM

I hope you can but would hope you dont need to . The damn wasps here in my shop stung me on the lip twice and I was not near a nest or bothering them . I declared war and so far Im winning . Lowes had their wasp spray on sale for $1 per can , I bought 50 cans and started at the shop and then all around the house . Im still well stocked .

John
Old 08-15-2018, 03:17 AM

I blasted the hanging nest until it was soaked yesterday morning. They started coming out so fast I couldn't keep up hitting all of them. Got what I could, then hauled ass out of there. They chased me back into the shop again. I'm fixin to suit up and head out right now with a couple of cans of spray.
Old 08-15-2018, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlintTony View Post
It is a primitive machine, designed by some sadistic bastard, that is made too short for anyone over 5 feet tall to push around. Also known as a "back killer". Makes a horrible noise that makes one of my dogs attack it and the other one head for the hills when it starts.
There is that, then the handle on the dishwasher broke on Sunday. Took it apart, no fixing it so I went online and ordered one right away. So I get to wash dishes once the dish washer is full. Lynda is using a walker to get around, she and crutches don't get along too well. So I have to get her anything she needs, glass of water, ice for her foot, breakfast, lunch and dinner. Plus this and that. It's amazing how many things you get up and do or get for yourself when you can. I'm worn out just running around here.

70 Chevelle SS396(454), M20, 3.73
My Chevelle
Old 08-16-2018, 03:34 AM

I remember doing all that shit when Kathy had the arm surgery. I hated using that sweeper the most.
Old 08-16-2018, 03:38 AM

Back to the war with the bees this morning. I got most of them, but there are still two big chunks of the nest that have eggs in them. The bees are trying to protect them, but at the crack of dawn I'm going to stomp them into obviation. I ran out of spray, so it's all about the boots now.