ChevelleForum.net

Go Back   Chevrolet Chevelle Forums > The Backyard meeting spot > Off Topic
Register FAQ Chevelle Chat Room Community Calendar

Old 02-23-2011, 01:51 AM

I'm sure you guys have lots of fun.after seeing your fun and enjoyment,I'm also planning to go for outing with my friends.
Old 02-23-2011, 06:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank70SS View Post
...I'll call the Cummins place tomorrow and see if we can have the generator checked out this week. We could probably survive without out it but if it's really cold it would be nice to run some heaters while on the road so we don't freeze. The engine heat doesn't go very far in space that large. Then when you get into south FL the engine AC may not be enough. With the gen we could run the roof air...
Forgot to mention I take it over to the Cummins dealer. They pulled out the gen and said the insides were destroyed. Apparently a mouse or something made a nest inside the gen part. When it was started something broke, which broke something else and on and on. Brushes, rotor, stator all destroyed, flywheel was even damaged.

Cummins guy suggested I call my insurance company since some cover 'rodent intrusion'. I called and sure enough it was covered. They had an adjuster out the next day. He approved a new gen as a rebuild was close to the same price. I had to pay $100 deductible and $278 for depreciation.

$378 is not a bad deal for new gen with warranty. Best price I could find on the internet for that gen was $2800 and that doesn't include pulling the old one out and installing the new one. AAA also warranties the new gen for as long as I own the motorhome.

70 Chevelle SS396(454), M20, 3.73
My Chevelle
Old 02-23-2011, 08:19 AM

Dam good deal! Glad to hear. Maybe a sign of the times for your upcoming road trip.