ChevelleForum.net

Go Back   Chevrolet Chevelle Forums > The Backyard meeting spot > Off Topic

Old 10-31-2018, 03:37 AM

I have everything fixed. New tenant is moving in today and I'm hauling ass for Florida this morning. Hoping to not get too drowned in all the rain they say is coming.
Old 10-31-2018, 06:09 AM

Have a safe trip Tony. It is raining but at least the temp has come up. In the 40's all day yesterday, 54 this morning when I got up.

70 Chevelle SS396(454), M20, 3.73
My Chevelle
Old 10-31-2018, 07:50 PM

Safe Travels Tony .

John
Old 11-02-2018, 03:55 AM

Made it down here. The first part of the trip was brutal. It rained from the time I got in the van until mid Kentucky. I have never driven in that much rain. All I could do is follow the tire tracks of the vehicle in front of me. Stop and go, drive at 10 mph, the fools in trucks driving like maniacs.

Everything here is working fine. I put a battery tender on everything, except the tractor, and it all fired right up. Have massive amounts of tree limbs down all over the property from the hurricane. Everything that I cut last year with the brush hog has returned with a vengeance. Going to be busy for a while.
Old 11-04-2018, 06:43 AM

At least it's just tree limbs and not any real damage. Enjoy the weather, supposed to be wet and cold here all week.

My Chevelle
Old 11-11-2018, 05:03 AM

Have gotten almost everything cleaned up and brush hogged down here. The chiggers and ticks are bad this year for some reason. Been spraying down with Deep Woods Off and the bastards are still getting me. The chiggers got between my socks and legs and went crazy. I spray inside my boots, all over my socks and legs, but these bastards seem to be immune to it.

The girl that is moving into the rental is a friend of mines daughter. I had the carpet cleaned by a professional company. Turns out the bitch that was living there lied about how good her cats were. They pissed all over, so much on the heat registers that they were welded to the carpet. Pissed so much that the duct work was rusting. Having all new carpet installed and the whole floor being painted with Killz. I am letting them pick new paint for all the walls and ceilings too. Her dad is doing the painting and misc repairs. Replacing lots of the duct work too. It is astounding how the slobs could live like that. The renter was the head of the Girl Scouts in this area. I can imagine what kind of shit she was teaching the girls. Being a pig is OK.
Old 11-19-2018, 07:00 AM

Wow! You sure know how to pick them Tony. Susan wanted to buy a place in CA. and rent it out. I advised against it. Never know who or what you'll have to deal with. Plus if something needs fixing you have to pay somebody to do it because you don't know how. Well that's over now, she's in MI and looking for a place around Walled Lake area.

My Chevelle
Old 11-22-2018, 04:07 AM

I bought a 2014 John Deere XUV550 gator down here about 4 tears ago. Demo with 7 hours on it. I change the oil and filter every 50 hours, the manual says to change it every 100 hours. It has 300 hours on it. When I got here this year, there was a small puddle of oil under it. The entire engine is hidden with covers and the entire undercarriage is enclosed in skid plates. I started looking for the leak and had to damn near disassemble the whole vehicle to find it. This thing is the poorest engineered vehicle that I have EVER worked on, as far as maintenance goes. After hours of tearing shit off, I found the engine breather valve gasket was installed wrong from the factory. This POS has been leaking oil from the minuet it was built. I thought it was burning oil, not leaking it. The engine covers and skid plates kept it all trapped somewhere on the machine. What a mess. Got it all back together last night. Hopefully it is fixed now. No oil anywhere this morning. Miserable job.