ChevelleForum.net

Go Back   Chevrolet Chevelle Forums > Chevrolet Chevelle Garage > Chevelle Interiors

Old 07-26-2013, 02:39 PM

Default 69 front seat belt question

Have a 69 with a bench seat and only lap belts ( way too tight to be able to use). One of my old 69's had a shoulder belt in the front and I would like to add this to my current ( and last ) 69. Will order reproduction but not sure how a 3 point system was supposed to go into a 69 ( trying to keep it looking original )

Any one able to explain where the attachment points are and what style is used in the 69?

Thanks

John E.
Old 07-26-2013, 03:53 PM

I'm not sure if a 69 had shoulder belts. You can try Seatbeltsplus.com they have many different styles, colors, and lenghts.
Old 07-26-2013, 05:53 PM

70's had shoulder belts. There was a strap that clipped up above the door windows and a 2nd buckle, mounted where the lap belt buckle is. Pretty sure there was an issue with them, deemed unsafe, and most have removed the shoulder belt. There are retro 3 point systems, one of the things on my long list of things to do.

70 Chevelle SS396(454), M20, 3.73
My Chevelle
Old 07-26-2013, 06:17 PM

Send a message via MSN to RBeckman

My 69 had shoulder belts but I have buckets, I retro fitted with a 3 point and glad I did, I still may have my old shoulder belts if you are interested. They have there own buckle system as well.
Old 07-26-2013, 06:23 PM

Default seat belts....

If you had ( have ) buckets then the belts most likely will be too short like the ones I have in mine too...

You said you were glad you changed them - how did you find attachment points for a replacement system?

Thanks
John E.
Old 07-26-2013, 07:06 PM

Send a message via MSN to RBeckman

Quote:
Originally Posted by johne3191 View Post
If you had ( have ) buckets then the belts most likely will be too short like the ones I have in mine too...

You said you were glad you changed them - how did you find attachment points for a replacement system?

Thanks
John E.
It used the point that the shoulder belt attached to and the other 2 points were the one on the hump and between the door and seat. So I take it yours does not have a shoulder belt? It must have been removed, if you need me to take pics and some dimension reference point let me know and I can do it tomorrow. I'm sure that the mounting point still as to be there.
Old 07-27-2013, 09:51 PM

Default shoulder belt 69

Thanks ric

I have a pic of the shoulder belts from another 69 and can not feel anything though the headliner where the bolt should go - about 4 inches back of the start of the rear window and about 3 inches from the metal trim..... brand new headliner - so I don't want to just start probing with anything other than a little finger pressure.....

still wonder if some of the 69's came with just a lap belt

Thanks for the offer of a pic tho

John E.