ChevelleForum.net

Go Back   Chevrolet Chevelle Forums > Chevrolet Chevelle Performance > Chevelle Pro-Touring

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 06-01-2010, 10:52 PM
Rank Rank is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Pacific Northwest
Posts: 722
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek69SS View Post
I have an EFI'd '95 LT1 in my car... I love it, but the LT1 platform doesn't have the power potential of the LSX platform. I have an LS1 waiting in the shop for me to get the funds together.
Derek isnt that lt-one equipped with a multi-sequential FI system and opti-spark? But your right about the HP potential. I doubt if one could pull 350 HP with all the bells and whistles.

Grumpy, if you are talking EFI'ing a first or second generation small block , in my opinion the Tuned Port Injection is the way to go .... and they look so damn nice.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 06-03-2010, 05:00 PM
Derek69SS's Avatar
Derek69SS Derek69SS is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Mantorville, MN
Posts: 773
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rank View Post
Derek isnt that lt-one equipped with a multi-sequential FI system and opti-spark? But your right about the HP potential. I doubt if one could pull 350 HP with all the bells and whistles.
That's correct... on a stock bottom-end, about 425hp at the crank is the limit while still retaining some street-manners. As much as I'd love to have 425hp right now, I know I'll love 550+hp even more later.

LS1 and 6-speed are sitting on the floor in the garage... still need to collect parts. I have the headers and the engine mounts, but that's it. I do plan to have some work done on it before I put it in though... Heads/Cam for sure, maybe more. I really want >500hp.
__________________
Derek Kiefer, member of Minnesota's Northstar Chevelle Club
69 Malibu Pro-Touring - 69 SS396 3spd - 23 Model T roadster pickup
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06-03-2010, 05:19 PM
Rank Rank is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Pacific Northwest
Posts: 722
Default

Yeah, I got a six speed (zf) in my '93 vette. Factory numbers puts it right at 300 hp. I put a chip in it and increased to about 330 by just having it run cool (185 deg instead of 220) but in 96 GM put roller rockers and more agressive cam in the vette and raised the compression from ten/half to ten/three quarters and called it a lt4 .... still only put out about 330 after all the improvements.

I cant imagine getting big HP (like 425) without going with spray!

But the lt-1, in my opinion, is still a great engine once the overheating issues are dealt with
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:26 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Audiokarma.org