ChevelleForum.net

Go Back   Chevrolet Chevelle Forums > Chevrolet Chevelle Car Talk > Chevelle General Talk

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #6  
Old 09-05-2011, 02:28 PM
70SS396 70SS396 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 174
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by flash View Post
I put a spacer between the carb (Edelbrock) and intake due to it flooding sfter start up and smoking .Its been like this ever since we put the new motor in ,hard to crank after sitting for a few minutes and the smell of raw gas out the exhaust .This spacer for whatever reason fixed the problem .
I did the same thing to my newely installed Edelbrock carb. It had a Holley SA 770 which was way too much for my motor so I swapped it out for an Edelbrock 650. Runs a lot better, no pump shot hesitation anymore either. I also leaned out the idle mixture a bit.

I also replaced the lug nuts on my new Centerline wheels. Summit had sent me the open ended lug nuts when I wanted the closed end ones. I got them last week but just got around to installing them today.
__________________
Mike
Reply With Quote
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:25 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Audiokarma.org