![]() |
|
|
|
#1
|
|||
|
|||
|
Quote:
Now if your neighbor was mean, violent, or dangerous then it would be a different issue, would it not? |
|
#2
|
||||
|
||||
|
Quote:
Never said I lost any sleep over it. It also wasn't the reason I had little to do with them. There were other things going on that made me decide I didn't want to associate with them, that's a whole different story. I just said it's nice to have neighbors that are friendly and do maintain their house. Some people might think my house is a dump, it's not the nicest place in the neighborhood but I don't think it's the worst either. |
|
#3
|
||||
|
||||
|
Say what you want about Home Owners Associations, I have lived in sub divisions controlled by HOA's for the last 20 years and why some of the rules suck at least the houses are under the same rules. I have only had few violations (written notices) in the last 20 years, and they were for having my boat sitting in the driveway for over 48 hours. I've been lucky for the last 20 years as I have pretty good neighbors....thank god no Crack heads that I know of.
My first house when I was 25, the guy next door had a motor and lawn mower sitting in his front yard for over 3 years that were no good and he would just mow around them and when I went to sell my house one of the deals fell through because of that house. I went over and talked to him and told him what happened and asked if he had any problem with me helping him move the stuff and he said take it to junk yard if you want....so I did and no problems. He just said he had no way to get it out of there and was thankful that I did. My dog would always go into his yard and due it business so I can't complain to much. Hank, glad you have a good neighbor now, I thought that house had a lot of potential and I guess the new people did as well. I bet Owen will like taking a ride in the Chevelle when you are able...you may make him a car guy of the 2020's and he'll want a Chevelle because Hank took him for a ride in his when he was a kid. My first rides in a Musule car was a 70 Trans Am...some day I will have one, as long as the clock works..lol
__________________
Ric Beckman ![]() 1969 Chevelle SS396 1972 Camaro SS350 Last edited by RBeckman; 11-14-2011 at 10:22 AM. |
|
#4
|
|||
|
|||
|
Quote:
.... now if YOUR house was yellow with white trim then this discussion would be a mute issue.LOL |
|
#5
|
||||
|
||||
|
David and I moved into our home 14 years ago when I was almost 8 months pregnant. We pulled up with the big moving truck and our 3 teenagers, and proceeded to start unloading the truck. All of a sudden a young man walked up and introduced himself as Warren and said he was our neighbor and asked if we needed any help. Before we could say anything, Warren started carrying stuff into the house. For the next 3 hours he helped us unload the truck and put together bunk beds and whatever we needed. It was a sad day, 8 years ago, when Warren and his wife Karyn told us they were moving. To this day we are still friends.
The young couple that moved into Warrens house are nice, but not the same relationship we had with Warren and his wife. The house next door to us is our nightmare. About 10 years ago it became a rental house. We have called the police many times on the tenants that have lived there. One of the past tenants almost got into a physical confrontation with David, and the police were called numerous times. We have had crazy people in the house, people that don't take care of the house. The last lady was a little older and we had the kids shovel her driveway and sidewalk, then when she left she told the landlord that our kids were mean to her. Currently we have a family that we don't see a lot, but we hear their little "yapping" dog all the time, they tie him to the rail on the front porch late at night. Then one of them likes to pull up in the driveway and play his "thumping" music at 11:30pm at night, right near my sons bedroom. I am sure that they love me starting my car early in the morning. Especially when I rev the engine to warm it up.
__________________
Get in, sit down, shut up, hold on...cause Ms Grumpy is driving ! For the audio geek try: www.audiokarma.org |
|
#6
|
||||
|
||||
|
Sold my house, and looking for a place out in the country.
I don't want any neighbors, and that seemed like a better plan than shooting the ones I had.
__________________
Derek Kiefer, member of Minnesota's Northstar Chevelle Club 69 Malibu Pro-Touring - 69 SS396 3spd - 23 Model T roadster pickup |
|
#7
|
|||
|
|||
|
now that takes "planting daisys" to a whole new level!
|
|
#8
|
|||
|
|||
|
Derek ,I live on 40 acres and love it but we are not in the middle of it which would make it better .We live on the front of the acreage so we still have neighbors but most of us have several acres between us .Good luck on your search for peace and quiet .We have about 200 acres behind us that we hope stays undeveloped as it creates a wonderful buffer .
__________________
John |
|
#9
|
|||
|
|||
|
There are 2 houses on our street that are empty right now. Kathy and I take the rider to both of them and cut the grass. I have kept the bushs trimmed, we pick up alll the branchs and sticks in the yard that the wind knocks down. We are like you Hank. One house that is turning to shit does have an affect on the whole street. I have even gone across the street to the wierd-os place and said "hey, you don't mind if I mow your lawn, do you". The owners are both able-bodied humans, but they could give a rats ass if their place looks like a dump. I care what my neighboorhood looks like.
And Ric...NO CLOCK FOR YOU!!!!!!! The "clock nazi" has spoken. |
|
#10
|
|||
|
|||
|
I have never seen my next door neighbor so much in the 9 years we've been here than since I got the Chevelle. He's like the little kid you mention, if he sees the garage door open, he comes over!!
__________________
Mike |
![]() |
| Thread Tools | |
| Display Modes | |
|
|