ChevelleForum.net

Go Back   Chevrolet Chevelle Forums > Chevrolet Chevelle Garage > Chevelle Suspension & Chassis

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 07-31-2012, 09:13 PM
fleming23's Avatar
fleming23 fleming23 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Hiram, GA
Posts: 612
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by John View Post
Grumpy, testing the vacuum what is the proper range at idle that brakes require?
11-12 is usually considered minimum. I think I am making 7-9HG and my power brakes worked but were not the easiest as the pedal was kind of hard at times.
__________________
Eric
496 cu. in. "cruiser"
Assembled & tuned by Mo's Speed Shop - Dallas, GA
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 08-01-2012, 01:59 PM
carpoor carpoor is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Floriduh
Posts: 2,404
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleming23 View Post
11-12 is usually considered minimum.
This. I tend to not like a cam with less than 15-16 inch/hg for a driver/cruiser. (I'm getting old)
__________________
1972 SS 454 Chevelle LS5/M21/12 bolt 3.73 posi
1969 Malibu COPO L72/M20/12 bolt 3.31 posi
1968 Malibu LQ9/4L80E/12 bolt 3.73 posi
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:59 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Audiokarma.org