![]() |
|
|
|
#1
|
|||
|
|||
|
removed the second pink stripe on the passenger side of the car
__________________
2005 dodge magnum daily driver 1988 mazda rx7 LS6 swap 1969 SS work in progress |
|
#2
|
|||
|
|||
|
On my 70 SS I jacked the engine up to remove the drivers side header. One tube was rubbing the brake distribution block and making a squeaking sound at idle. This car has a 427 with a very lumpy cam that caused the engine to jump around making the squeak unbearable. It seems to have started after I had the engine out for some work, I put new motor mounts on the engine before putting it back in, they must be a little different than the old ones.
Anyway, a torch and a ball pein hammer and no more squeak. Ron |
|
#3
|
|||
|
|||
|
I have grown to hate headers.
__________________
1972 SS 454 Chevelle LS5/M21/12 bolt 3.73 posi 1969 Malibu COPO L72/M20/12 bolt 3.31 posi 1968 Malibu LQ9/4L80E/12 bolt 3.73 posi |
![]() |
| Thread Tools | |
| Display Modes | |
|
|