![]() |
|
|
|
#1
|
|||
|
|||
|
Picked up the engine out of my car today... it was in vain.
![]() The partial VIN on the front pad does not match my VIN. And has a HN suffix... B body 300 HP 350 with a TH350. On a high note, it does have a 1111499 distributor. I'll most likely sell it to help pay for some more parts. Also has 186 casting heads some people are after.
__________________
1972 SS 454 Chevelle LS5/M21/12 bolt 3.73 posi 1969 Malibu COPO L72/M20/12 bolt 3.31 posi 1968 Malibu LQ9/4L80E/12 bolt 3.73 posi |
|
#2
|
|||
|
|||
|
Been casually looking for a flat hood, missed out on a really nice one last month.
I didn't think it would be so hard to find one. Don't want to sell my SS hood until I find what I need.
__________________
1972 SS 454 Chevelle LS5/M21/12 bolt 3.73 posi 1969 Malibu COPO L72/M20/12 bolt 3.31 posi 1968 Malibu LQ9/4L80E/12 bolt 3.73 posi |
|
#3
|
|||
|
|||
|
Quote:
Rust free AZ hood but has hood pin holes.
__________________
2017 Camaro RS -217 cu in 365 HP w/8 speed auto 1967 Camaro SS -5.3L LS w/4L60E & 4.11 12 bolt 2019 Cadillac XT5 3.6L V6 w/310 HP & 8 speed AWD |
|
#4
|
|||
|
|||
|
Thanks Bill, but I need a hood for the 69'. I have an original CI hood for my 72'.
__________________
1972 SS 454 Chevelle LS5/M21/12 bolt 3.73 posi 1969 Malibu COPO L72/M20/12 bolt 3.31 posi 1968 Malibu LQ9/4L80E/12 bolt 3.73 posi |
|
#5
|
|||
|
|||
|
Picked up an air cleaner, bell housing, and flywheel today. I'm lacking a starter and carburetor, getting very close to having all of the right parts.
Still up in the air about a transmission, m20 is cheap enough and what came factory. But an m22z would be better with the factory 3.31 gears out back. Might be worth the extra money for the added acceleration and not having to mess with worn out old parts.
__________________
1972 SS 454 Chevelle LS5/M21/12 bolt 3.73 posi 1969 Malibu COPO L72/M20/12 bolt 3.31 posi 1968 Malibu LQ9/4L80E/12 bolt 3.73 posi |
![]() |
| Thread Tools | |
| Display Modes | |
|
|