ChevelleForum.net

Go Back   Chevrolet Chevelle Forums > Chevrolet Chevelle Car Talk > Chevelle General Talk

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #11  
Old 03-01-2015, 09:14 AM
chevymaher's Avatar
chevymaher chevymaher is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 1,487
Default

Hands are sore and I am sure they will bleed by the time I am done with this.
Gas tank is a major undertaking cleaning it up. Take the torch to it. Which seems wrong in and of itself. Scrape the undercoating off best I can.
Then sand and foul a piece of sandpaper getting the residue off. Then sand to bare metal.
I hope there a 50 degree day so I can take it outside and paint it soon. I figure it this way. It is getting undercoated. So painting is a trivial thing. I know it supposed to be metal. But I more concerned with never screwing with it ever again. So rust is my concern. Never do that again.
Reply With Quote
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:45 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Audiokarma.org