ChevelleForum.net

Go Back   Chevrolet Chevelle Forums > The Backyard meeting spot > Off Topic

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 03-22-2010, 10:56 AM
Highway Star's Avatar
Highway Star Highway Star is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Baton Rouge
Posts: 1,120
Default

Jeff, back in my days of being a "track star" (lettered in varsity track in 7th grade), I learned that cool down exercises REALLY help with lactic acid build-up.

I don't know much about distance biking, but I do know that the best way to prevent your muscles from performing anaerobic respiration is by being able to feed them through your own lungs. It seems to me like that is not possible with the amount of miles you'll be turning out. Would it behoove you to do another easy 5 or 10 miles with some good breathing the first day to work the acid out of your legs for the second day?
__________________
Jake
1972 Malibu Sport Coupe - ~9.8:1 355"
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 03-22-2010, 11:53 AM
Hank70SS's Avatar
Hank70SS Hank70SS is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Brighton, MI
Posts: 4,719
Default

Jeff I was using the wrong link, the one inside the post. Other one worked, made a pledge.
__________________
Hank

70 Chevelle SS396(454), M20, 3.73
My Chevelle
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-22-2010, 05:05 PM
piette's Avatar
piette piette is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Kaukauna, WI
Posts: 399
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank70SS View Post
Jeff I was using the wrong link, the one inside the post. Other one worked, made a pledge.
Hank I can't thank you enough. I can't express how much I appreciate your generosity. It means everything to me to be able to raise money so other families might not have to suffer through what my family has, and I couldnt do it without your help.

Thank you so much

Jeff
__________________
Jeff
1969 Chevelle SS, 505 CID BBC 686hp, Tremec TKO600, 12 bolt 3.73 rear 5 speed
2007 Trailblazer SS, LS2, 4L70E, AWD, 4.10 gears Its a 475 hp daily driving grocery getter
2006 Cadillac CTS-V LS2 and a 6 speed
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-22-2010, 05:03 PM
piette's Avatar
piette piette is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Kaukauna, WI
Posts: 399
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highway Star View Post
Jeff, back in my days of being a "track star" (lettered in varsity track in 7th grade), I learned that cool down exercises REALLY help with lactic acid build-up.

I don't know much about distance biking, but I do know that the best way to prevent your muscles from performing anaerobic respiration is by being able to feed them through your own lungs. It seems to me like that is not possible with the amount of miles you'll be turning out. Would it behoove you to do another easy 5 or 10 miles with some good breathing the first day to work the acid out of your legs for the second day?
I am actually interval training several times a week now Jake. I ride for 3 minutes at lactic threshold, 1 minute off, 3 minutes at LT, 1 minute off and so on. I am basically pushing my LT further and further back.

But you are correct the final 5 to 10 miles of the day should be a very high RPM easy cranking ride to settle the muscles down and clean out the lactic acid.

This ride also offers leg massages at the end of each day for $1 a minute, I suspect I will get a 10 or 20 minute leg massage after day 1 to help work the acid back out.

Jeff
__________________
Jeff
1969 Chevelle SS, 505 CID BBC 686hp, Tremec TKO600, 12 bolt 3.73 rear 5 speed
2007 Trailblazer SS, LS2, 4L70E, AWD, 4.10 gears Its a 475 hp daily driving grocery getter
2006 Cadillac CTS-V LS2 and a 6 speed
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:54 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Audiokarma.org